At Re:You we consider the care after bariatric surgery to be just as important as the operation itself.
No matter what procedure you have had, or where you had your surgery, there is always the possibility of weight regain. With adequate aftercare, the risk of this is reduced.
Remember that obesity is a chronic condition and will need long term management. This requires a multidisciplinary approach. We utilise the services of a group of experienced dietitians, exercise physiologists and psychologists to ensure that you are working effectively with your operation and not against it.
What is involved in the aftercare:
- Regular review with blood tests every 3-6 months
- Assessment of your nutritional status
- Ensuring adequate nutritional supplementation
- Making sure your physical activity is adequate so that you do not become deconditioned
- Monitoring any changes that may be required to your medications and liaising with your general practitioner or specialist
- Arranging specialist pharmacist review if required
- Liaison and referral back to your surgeon if required
- Assessing your general wellbeing, both physical and emotional